Photo Essay: Social Justice Standards
There are four domains in Social Justice Standards that you reviewed this week.
- Review all of the elements listed under each domain
- Once you have reviewed the Social Justice Standards you will look for evidence of each of the domains that you see present in your school (preferably). If you are not currently in a classroom, you may find examples from the community you live in.
- You will take a picture of the thing you felt represented one of the four domains
- Create a 5 slide Powerpoint presentation which:
- Includes demographic information about your school or community. You can find this information by search https://data.nysed.gov/lists.php?type=school and search by school district. You will click on enrollment data and they will have charts of the demographics of the school. Use Pseudonyms
- Contains a slide for each of the 4 domains: justice, identity, diversity and action
- On each of the domain slides insert the picture you took and
- Explain what each domain entails ( a summary of the bullets, not every bullet listed in the standards).
- Gives an explanation of the picture you took, explain what it is and why you feel it falls in the specific domain.
- A brief written response to the following prompt:
What is the purpose of having social justice standards?
- Post your photo essay WITH YOUR NAME ON THE FIRST SLIDE to the WordPress Blog. Please remember the hashtags #577 and #content